Please read this in conjunction with our Coronavirus FAQ’s, which has lots of information about how we are working at the moment.
Coronavirus – Advice to clients
The health and welfare of the animals in our care is of course our primary concern; but we must also look at the extra precautions necessary to protect the wellbeing of our clients, staff and the wider community.
Social distancing is key to preventing spread of Coronavirus, and this means we need to change the way we work. Rest assured, we remain available to care for your animals in an emergency, 24/7.
As part of our duty of care to you and to our team, please would you note our current policy relating to COVID-19, set out below. We are following the latest official advice carefully and that we will update these precautions as necessary.
- If you, or someone who lives with you, have a persistent cough, high temperature or shortness of breath please do not attend Hay Veterinary Group for your appointment.
- If you have been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 or have recently travelled in a high-risk area, please do not attend the clinic. Follow government and public health advice and stay at home.
- If you are unwell and need us to attend to your animals in an emergency, please contact us by telephone. We will triage over the phone and come up with a solution to provide them with the care that they need.
- Please do not attend the clinic without a pre-arranged appointment.
- Always phone ahead for repeat prescriptions and farm medicine orders. We will arrange a mutually convenient time for you to collect them from the surgery.
- If you are unwell or self-isolating and you are running short of pet-food or medication please let us know and we will do our best to get them delivered to you.
- If possible, please wait in your car for your appointment. Telephone reception to let us know you have arrived and we will then come and find you when the vet or nurse is ready to see you.
- We are not permitting clients access to practice premises, to minimise the risk of transmission of COVID between staff and clients.
- We encourage card payments wherever possible.